Common COVID-19 safety measures you can implement in-store
In these unprecedented times, ALSA members are working hard to ensure customers have a safe visit. Here are some common safety measures that members have implemented in-store that you can also implement if you haven't already:
· Limiting the number of customers allowed at one time. This ensures customers have more room to be 2 meters apart while shopping.
· Identifying and marking distance lines at the cashier for customers to follow while waiting
· Installing Plexiglas shields at cashiers to keep staff and customers safe
· Going cashless. Customers and staff don’t have to handle extra items that could be infected
· Disinfecting keypads after every purchase
· Disinfecting surface areas where products are placed after every purchase
· If carts or baskets are used they are disinfected before being put back into use
· Disinfect Shelves, door handles (cooler, entrance) on a regular basis
· Disposable latex gloves worn by staff
· Mandatory Hand washing after breaks when gloves not
· Limiting hours of operations
Is your store implementing other ideas? Share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add them to this list!