New mark-up rate schedule effective as of October 28, 2015.
Click here to view the pdf.
To: Alberta Licensees/Retailers
Fuel Surcharges reflect the variable nature of fuel costs. The contracts with Connect Logistics Services’ (CLS) carriers include a fuel surcharge and, with the recent decrease in diesel fuel prices, this fuel surcharge has decreased.
Therefore, effective October 4, 2015, the Fuel Surcharge was decreased from $0.15 to $0.13 per case.
Connect Logistics will continue to review the Fuel Surcharge Rate on an ongoing basis. This, and any future changes, will be reflected on your invoice.
Our surcharge rate will reflect the charge from our carriers which is based on the Freight Carriers Association Rates.
If you have any questions regarding this please call CLS Customer Service at 1-800-265-6784 or email ConnectCS@exel.com.
Agency Services Manager
Minimum wage in Alberta has fallen behind the earnings of Albertans in general. Gradually increasing minimum wage will help reduce staff turnover, improve fairness and help low-income Albertans meet their basic needs. Government will continue to work together with employers to assess the effects of increased minimum wages and plan for the future.
Effective October 1, 2015, the following increases to Alberta's minimum wage rates will take effect:
- The general minimum wage will increase from $10.20 to $11.20 per hour
- The liquor server minimum wage will increase from $9.20 to $10.70 per hour
- The weekly minimum wage for certain sales people, land agents and other professionals will increase from $406.00 to $446.00
- The monthly minimum wage for domestic workers who live in their employer's residence will rise from $1,937.00 to $2,127.00
- Maximum deductions for consumed meals and accommodation provided by an employer are not changing. They will remain at $3.35 per day for each consumed meal, and $4.41 per day for lodging provided
Please distribute this information to your employees, members and colleagues as you see fit.